Howrse Crazy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Regan6
RobbinLara
Dodolina
jumpinghooves
LuckyHorseshoe
EmberWolf
Lisa 1
Jumpy
cherry_tree
A.C
bancam_20
oblic
Shinymane1
Arya
18 posters

New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here!

Regan6
    Regan6

Female
    Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2008-11-05

New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 Empty Re: New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here!

Post by Regan6 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Great!! The trees kinda overpower it tho....

I will try that with da stripes!!
    EmberWolf
    EmberWolf

Female
    Number of posts : 354
    Registration date : 2008-12-21

New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 Empty Re: New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here!

Post by EmberWolf Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Wow, these are looking nice, everyone!! Beautiful!

Well, here's mine. As I can see- there are some VERY beautiful entries that are much better but....oh well!
    New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 ContestentryCoM1
    Anything needed to be changed/added?
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female
    Number of posts : 478
    Registration date : 2009-01-10

Post by Lisa 1 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Looks great ember! maybe try shading the legs a bit? but beside that, it looks great! I love palominos!
    EmberWolf
    EmberWolf

Female

Post by EmberWolf Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks! That's what I thought.... but the burn tool is hard to use with white..... oooookay.... fixing.
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Maybe try using a really light grey with the air brush tool?
    EmberWolf
    EmberWolf

Female

Post by EmberWolf Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Yep- that's basically what I did. Now I tried it like Dodolina did but... it's near impossible for me to get it as good as that Smile But here it is...... does it need some more?
    New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 ContestentryCoM1-1
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female
    Number of posts : 1228
    Registration date : 2008-12-05

Post by Jumpy Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 pm

awesome work, ember! What program do u use?
    EmberWolf
    EmberWolf

Female

Post by EmberWolf Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

I use GIMP.
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female
    Number of posts : 1228
    Registration date : 2008-12-05

Post by Jumpy Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:02 pm

wow, really? Thats amazing for GIMP! I have never used it but i know it seems hard.
    Foxpelty
    Foxpelty

Female
    Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Post by Foxpelty Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Hope you don't mind. I was having issues with the legs so I changed it a little... But I tried using that one. I'll show you both of them:
    New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 20kyyxk
    New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 15drqtc

I like the last one better. My friend at school showed me a trick and I drew it on Photoshop at school, so I'm gonna learn how to do it on Corel, xD
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 pm

foxy the last one looks like a picture you sure you friend "drew it"?
    Foxpelty
    Foxpelty

Female

Post by Foxpelty Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 pm

I drew it, xD She showed me a trick. I no tell no one xD Partly because I promised. Partly because I can barely remember xD Although I will say, Pink Purple and Brown go together nicely if you know how to mix the colors xD Took me the whole 90 minutes to color it and everything, and then I had Tutorial after it and I was able to finish it there too. And I finished the tail on Corel.
    EmberWolf
    EmberWolf

Female

Post by EmberWolf Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Looks so.... er...... real. The tail doesn't, but the horse does. Not in a bad way.
    Foxpelty
    Foxpelty

Female

Post by Foxpelty Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Haha thanks... I think? xD My friend's mother is a professional horse photographer and she also draws portraits on computers or on paper for people, and my friend wants to do that too so her mother taught her and then she taught me, you should see HER horses. I envy her for her tails and hooves. And I have to admit, she helped me a whole lot with that one. She told me what shades to use and where and goodness, I learned a whole lot more about horses then I thought was ever possible, She also helped me with my blender tool. If you use it slowly it eventually starts to shade and look so real.
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Um foxy...I don't mean to accuse or anything...but I don't know that doesn't look painted...that looks like a picture....I haven't even seen professional artists be able to mimic a picture that well...Please don't be angry and if I am wrong that is fine..but it just looks to real...can you show us some of the pics your friend has done? or her mom?
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Ok as some have suggested that the horse looks to small xD Here is a revised version of mine xD

New Coat Of The Moment - - - Arya`s Base Comez Here! - Page 4 Backgroundcotm17lq9

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Foxpelty
    Foxpelty

Female

Post by Foxpelty Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 am

I don't have any and most of her mother's work is threw E-Mail. I could get some from her... not tomorrow but the next day? If she has any one her USBport. Other wise Maybe she could download some onto a CD. I'll ask xD
    oblic
    oblic

Female
    Number of posts : 1500
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

Post by oblic Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 am

thanks Fox. really, its only the muzzle, and eye for me that looks like a real picture, the rest is VERY close. Smile
    RobbinLara
    RobbinLara
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 417
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by RobbinLara Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 am

Just a thank you to you all, for remembering to put credits on your works! It makes our forum the best forum IMO because we make sure to honor our resources and that will give us all a solid reputation. I appreciate it so much and keep up the good work!
    Arya I'm not sure if you saw where I had asked for permission to post the little chestnut flax I did from your base on my profile page. I will credit you as the base art of course.
    Also I just have to say to Dodolina, as a new member and quite the equine artist, you really have made a great impression with us all and we are so glad you are part of the forum....I just have one request....submit some more artwork when you can, you amaze me with the details!
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks foxpelty, I look forward to seeing them xD
    RobbinLara
    RobbinLara
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 417
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by RobbinLara Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 am

Fox you KNOW I am a fan of yours, but that second pic, looks like a photo of a horse with the tail and mane added onto it....sorry to be critical but it does look photo-ish. Did you say you did it, or your mom? When I did Chestnut Champion, I had permission to use the photo, and I did layers over it, coloring in places and blending and added the mane and tail and it STILL looked photo-ish...so maybe if it IS a photo, at least just state that, and the resource so no one can accuse you of image theft. The first one looks GREAT though, it's a very nice job!
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 am

Hmmm, no one has any suggestions or thoughts about mine? Is something wrong with it??

I was just wondering cause the only response I got was "looks great but is overpowered by the trees...."
    Dodolina
    Dodolina

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post by Dodolina Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

yes, i think that you should entry with the horse alone...
    Lisa 1
    Lisa 1

Female

Post by Lisa 1 Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 pm

ok, thank you for the suggestion. But um, part of the point of this competition is to not only color the horse well, but to put it in a scene that you have created.
    Dodolina
    Dodolina

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post by Dodolina Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm

oh, yes, but i don't have time and also don't like to make a background...Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 am