Howrse Crazy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
i_love_hector
Uniqua08
Jumpy
Anemone
a_horseaholic
silverhuntress
oblic
11 posters

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late

Poll

Do you think that just grabbing the colours of the original/similar photo or 'the blotching technique' is totally cheating, and should be banned, give your opinion here. :D

[ 3 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left18%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 4 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left24%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left12%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left6%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 7 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left40%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_left0%New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    Pxehorse
    Pxehorse

Female
    Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Empty Re: New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late

Post by Pxehorse Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 am

lol, moving on? lol. although my personal opinion is that it is cheating to copy directly, there are a greater number of people who do not, and who have not had their say yet. the poll speaks for itself. however true it's purpose may be, that poll was honestly just asking for trouble. maybe this topic should be locked, and the base started fresh in a new thread. saying 'moving on' is useless. the people who you were referring to are not going to want to move on.
    seriously, a mod, lock this thread and lets start anew Smile
    Anemone
    Anemone

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Empty Re: New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 am

And actually "Guest" and Jumpy, I always ask the owners if I can use it as a reference, if they say no I don't use their stock. If they say yes then there is nothing at all wrong with it! That is what the stock is there for!
    silverhuntress
    silverhuntress

Female
    Number of posts : 395
    Registration date : 2009-05-17

Post by silverhuntress Sun May 24, 2009 7:00 am

Well that's true, but the only problem with that is that it's unfair.
    After ONE person borrows colors from a photo, no one else can without being accused of stealing. That's like, my only problem with it. I like LOOKING at pictures or real horses to draw, but when using the same stock photo they'll all start looking exactly the same.

Like I said when I made Classy Glassy, I didn't use a picture of her. I actually got my brother to take her out of her stall and make her pose for me, so I could sketch down how she looked. I think that's totally alright. I could have taken a picture of Classy and looked at it and made the coat out of it.
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 7:04 am

No reference, 15 min work.

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 10ok6fp
    silverhuntress
    silverhuntress

Female

Post by silverhuntress Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 am

I like his mane I love you
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks kindness
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female
    Number of posts : 1228
    Registration date : 2008-12-05

Post by Jumpy Sun May 24, 2009 10:10 am

Ooo I like the mane too, and wonderful colors.
    Shiny I don't want to get in an arguement, so how about we don't use any references from now on for contests. Use them all you want anywhere else.
    What I like to do is use an image for line art reference and use that image to look at the shading and then paint it on my image.
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 10:26 am

Jumpy what you said you like to to is what I do so I don't know why oblic even brought this up. Everywhere, artists do this, use photos and then use this technique, so there is no point arguing about it really.
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 10:30 am

Oblic I missed your post, it is not at all like smudging a photo. It is actually really hard, I should know I do it all the time. I always ask if I can use their photos to do it, and I only use it if they say yes. There is nothing at all wrong with it and it is nothing like smudging a photo. You paint all the colours on the base and you really have to know how to blend them. If you ask me, it's the most challenging technique. Sounds easy but it isn't.
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 10:33 am

Plus even Robbin does this.

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 667ee25f2ef247ead973abb45d86797f

New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Desi_Stock_20_by_GloomWriter
    kat239
    kat239

Female
    Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2009-02-22

Post by kat239 Sun May 24, 2009 10:34 am

Yeah it is not easy at all.
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female

Post by Jumpy Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 am

But like we all said its fine to do it for fun we are talking about the contest.
    cherry_tree
    cherry_tree

Female
    Number of posts : 757
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by cherry_tree Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 pm

robbin did it like that on purpose!! it was meant to look exactly like him!! For practice i think it's good-for comeption i think its cheating-just my opinion but everyone has their own so why dont we use this topic what it was meant to be used for
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female

Post by Jumpy Sun May 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Yes I agree Cherry! I am about to start mine Smile
    Anemone
    Anemone

Post by Anemone Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 pm

And? My coats are supposed to look like them. There shouldn't be any restriction on what technique you use for the contest, or what's the point of it being a contest? You might as well say "shiny you're not allowed"

I'm actually very offended.
    silverhuntress
    silverhuntress

Female

Post by silverhuntress Sun May 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Why are you taking it so personally?Everyone knows you're not the only person here that does it. If you want, I can give you names off the top of my head. So the main point everyone's trying to get across is that you can't borrow colors when entering a coat for a contest.

ARG this is very random, but someone stole my skateboard. Sad I have a feeling it's my brother and his evil little gang of people with no lives.... skyssaw THEY WILL PAY!!!! Mad
    silverhuntress
    silverhuntress

Female

Post by silverhuntress Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Quick little edit on Luka. There was a part of his tail that was kinda crooked. I know most of you won't even be able to tell the difference, but it was really annoying me lol. toast!
    New Lineart From Me... Sorry its late - Page 2 Bobby
    silverhuntress
    silverhuntress

Female

Post by silverhuntress Sun May 24, 2009 1:37 pm

AHH the part I edited didn't even show up. Grr....
    a_horseaholic
    a_horseaholic

Female
    Number of posts : 186
    Registration date : 2009-01-04

Post by a_horseaholic Sun May 24, 2009 4:04 pm

I was really hoping I could leave this topic open without juvenile squabbling, but clearly I can not. I'm locking it, and will delete any future non-contest related polls in this thread. If you are working on the base and would like help or input, try the Chatterbox. Otherwise, I will see you and your final coats back here on Friday, June 5.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:34 am