Howrse Crazy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
oblic
white_thundacat
RobbinLara
7 posters

RobbinLara checkin' in

RobbinLara
    RobbinLara
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 417
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

RobbinLara checkin' in Empty RobbinLara checkin' in

Post by RobbinLara Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:53 am

Hey all, I figured why not post and spill my summarized life story too.

My name is Robbin, and I am actually a 39 year old Howrse addict. I am a type 2 diabetic who might be going to type 1 which needs the insulin pump. My meds don't keep my blood sugar levels corrected sadly. Anyhow, I got into Howrse from the Sims2 site (The Sims Resource), when I saw a thread that said "do you like horses". It talked about Howrse so I came out of curiosity and decided heck why not join. I was kinda bored with it at first but was inspired to reach the next riding levels and then once I could make my own breed and open my EC I was hooked bigtime!
    My husband is in the Army so I am a proud Army wife, I can't have kids, but I have two girls I helped raise who I claim as my daughters and they are Amanda 16, and Brittany 12.
    I have loved horses all my life, so much that I used to pretend to be a horse and run around the playground at school imagining I was this wild black stallion who couldn't be tamed, but could race like the wind. Yep, based off my fave book ...The Black Stallion. My friends and I would hold "races" everyday & I couldn't be beat heehee.
    So when I grew up, the horse craziness never died. My ex bought me my first horse, a little black bay thoroughbred quarter named Cody's Midnight Rebel...he was so sweet, he was a big baby and would follow me around without a lead. He was stolen from me about 6 months after we bought him. I've never stopped looking for him.
    I then got a horse named Nacoma Chant, a sorrel AQHA mare with some fab bloodlines and had her till I moved out of state, I sold her back to the original owner. Then Ginger my chestnut & white tobiano paint I had and who was my best friend, we went riding nearly every single day of the year! She was barn sour and overweight when I first got her but by the time she was ready to go back home to her original owner, she was fit and an endurance machine and there was nothing she wouldn't do if I asked her. She was my favorite. She was a horse that my best friend had actually, but I was the one who rode her and fed, groomed her and loved her. My best friend was more interested in reading books so I was always out at the barn. I must've been like another kid to the family lol I was over so much.
    I've always been around horses all my life, and will have horses again. It feels empty when you don't.
    Anyhoo...rambling on, I'm an artist by nature and a managerial type by trade. I currently live with my sister in Rogers, AR. at least for a couple of more months then the Army will ship us who knows where. I love it!
    I created this forum as a place to get together people of all ages who love Howrse, and specifically who love working on artistic things Howrse related. I hope you all enjoy it here and I hope to see tons of posts from everyone who joins!
    Hugs and best wishes,
    Robbin
    white_thundacat
    white_thundacat

Number of posts : 66
    Registration date : 2008-11-09

RobbinLara checkin' in Empty mom

Post by white_thundacat Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:14 pm

so, to me... you're a mom!! yay!! lol, but I have a problem at school...

I have just recenlty transfered schools.. and people think I am all weird.. but the problem is.... they all make fun of my drawings... help?
    oblic
    oblic

Female
    Number of posts : 1500
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

RobbinLara checkin' in Empty poor Thunda

Post by oblic Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 am

hey Thunda, it's okay! same thing with me! even worse, some bums in my class actually tear my drawings in half! Sad but what i would say, (even though im just 11 lol) is stand up to them, and keep your drawings safe. i have a folder in the back of my desk, where i keep them. great help, just looks like a schoolwork folder, so i don't lose them, and the teacher doesn't suspect a thing! (shez real tight on doodling in class!) :o :P

hope i helped!

oblic Very Happy
    Foxpelty
    Foxpelty

Female
    Number of posts : 208
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

RobbinLara checkin' in Empty Re: RobbinLara checkin' in

Post by Foxpelty Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Well I'd probably attack them like a maniac and get in trouble, but you shouldn't. People make fun of my drawings too. Just tell them that they know they're just jealous of you're art. It got them to stop messing with me...that and the fact that I kick and punch very hard xD I can beat just about anyone in an arm wrestle xD That's what you get when you have an older brother xD
    LOveMuchOx
    LOveMuchOx

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2008-12-31

Post by LOveMuchOx Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:38 am

(: well thunda, I would say 'Just stop messing around with my work, it's MY art and i didn't ask for you're opinion.' And if they keep on say 'Now just shut it, you're just jealous of my work, because you draw like a monkey would.' and then if they don't, kick them both in the balls (considering they were boys) and if girls, pull their hair or extensions out. and say 'I warned you I can get arresive' or just say 'i'll get my army of howrse friends on you, and thats LED by 3-Poppy-x and Foxpelty, with MANIAC UNICORNS!! (I chose you because you said youre strong lol)' ;) mwahahaha, i'm evil.

+Robin, that was nice to read, i lent into the screen haa! I am a weirdo...
    Anyway, you're art is amazing, and good luck with it Smile
    Cbear
    Cbear
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Female
    Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2008-12-25

Post by Cbear Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:39 am

Wow Robbin thats always been one of my worst nightmares to have a horse stolen
    A friend of mines did a long time ago we did track him down about 6 months later in very poor condition but at least we found him.
    Dont know how I would of dealt with it the girl that nearly killed my tb tried to take him back after I saved his life boy did she get abused lol
    Well all I can say is thanks to gren and sun always talking about you finally made us meet lol thanks girls can never have to many friends on here and I think ive found some of the best someone can have even though some of them insane (cough gren cough sun) they keep me sane in the tough times.
    Im glad we have become friends to Robbin ;)
    RobbinLara
    RobbinLara
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 417
    Registration date : 2008-10-19

Post by RobbinLara Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 pm

*hugs Clare* you are such a sweet person, I am blessed to call you a friend now.
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female
    Number of posts : 1228
    Registration date : 2008-12-05

Post by Jumpy Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:26 pm

lol Robbin i used to be a horse too! My horses name was Lightning and he was all black lol and my best friend (who thinks I am really snotty now and idk why) made up one named storm who was grey lol haha

OMG how could your horse be STOLEN! Thats so sad!!
    Jumpy
    Jumpy

Female
    Number of posts : 1228
    Registration date : 2008-12-05

Post by Jumpy Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:28 pm

aw thunda! My friends think I am an amazing artist sooooooo i wouldnt really understand

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content